hammocks & high tea
When we were asked to design a table for Exquisite Weddings Magazine last Summer, we wanted to create something in a Summer palette but with a unique twist. Wedding days are all about relaxation as well as celebration… So why not start the day off with a spa-like, relaxing setting before the party gets started. The tone of the event was started off with pastel wedding invitations that read ‘a day in hammocks at high tea’ by the Printed Palette Ink.
1. Hang hammocks around the event for guests to lounge in while drinking cocktails
2. also hang hammocks over tabletops! They provide shade as well as a unique canopy & designs statement over the tables.
3. Adorn the table with a table runner with a design inspired by Turkish bath Hamams in keeping with your Spa themed soiree! This runner was by Hammocks & High Tea, the company that inspired the name for this event!
4. Use the round slices of tree trunks as plate chargers. Take it a step further and hand paint each charger to emulate the rippling effect in a pool of water..
5. Hand paint fabric to match the chargers and use them as napkin rings! Both tree chargers and napkin treatment DIY instructions coming tomorrow!
6. Create a Spa like menu for guests including gourmet cucumber sandwiches and organic fare. High tea is an early evening meal, typically eaten between 5pm and 7pm with a hot dish followed by cakes and jam! Take it a step further and create a cake & jam dessert bar!
8. Give each guest a shot of infused tea and follow it with a custom ‘high tea’ cocktail! We had the mixologists at Snake Oil Cocktails create a custom tea cocktail for our event. Tune in tomorrow for ‘high tea cocktail’ recipe.
Tomorrow we will post DIY instructions for the chargers, napkins and also post the ‘high tea cocktail’ recipe!